Epson Home Cinema 3800
- $ 1,69900 $ 1,699.00
Epson Home Cinema 3800
3-LCD 1080p home theater projector with 4K/HDR source compatibility
An advanced projector at a budget price
Epson continues to refine their pixel-shifting projection technology, and with the Home Cinema 3800, they've made it affordable for more movie fans. Technically, the 3800 is a 1080p projector, but it accepts native 4K content, including movies and shows encoded with HDR. The picture looks noticeably sharper than any HD projector we've seen.
The 3800's built-in video upscaling helps standard Blu-ray discs and other HD sources look amazing, too. And there's no need to retire your favorite DVD titles, because Epson's Super Resolution "smart sharpening" feature gives standard-definition video sources a crisp, clean look.
- 3-LCD, 3-chip technology
- 1080p native resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) with Epson PRO-UHD™ 4K Enhancement Technology
- 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel to provide a more detailed, higher-resolution image than 1080p
- accepts 4K Ultra HD video sources
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- 16-level HDR brightness control with direct access from remote
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio (can also display 4:3 material)
- recommended image size: 40" to 300"
- light output: 3000 lumens
- 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- auto iris for improved contrast and black level
- full 10-bit digital color processing
- Frame Interpolation for reduced motion judder (only available for 1080p signals when not using 4K Enhancement)
- Super Resolution detail enhancement improves the look of standard-definition video
- 3D-ready with built-in RF emitter (Epson ELPGS03 active 3D glasses sold separately)
Lens and Image Adjustments:
- 12-element precision glass lens
- lens has 1.6X zoom capability (manual zoom/focus)
- lens shift image adjustment (manual, horizontal and vertical)
- keystone correction (manual, horizontal and vertical)
- 2 HDMI 2.0 inputs (18 Gbps max. bandwidth)
- both inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a compatible high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or other audio system
- 2 USB-A ports (one is for connecting a streaming device, firmware updates, or an optional Wi-Fi module; the other is for connecting an optical HDMI cable that requires USB power)
- miniUSB port for service only
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- 12-volt trigger output for controlling a motorized screen
- built-in rear-firing stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the projector's audio output will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- 250-watt UHE lamp (lasts up to 5000 hours in Eco mode)
- quiet cooling fan (24 dB in Eco mode)
- full-size backlit remote control
- detachable power cord
- can be placed on a tabletop or ceiling-mounted (mounting bracket sold separately)
- 16-1/8"W x 6-1/2"H x 13-3/4"D
- weight: 15.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor — in-home or carry-in service (90 days on lamp)
- this projector does not include any type of built-in TV tuner
A big, bright picture with lifelike detail, color and contrast
The Home Cinema 3800's extra-sharp, detailed picture is the result of Epson's 4K Enhancement Technology, which shifts each pixel diagonally by half a pixel and combines the two images to provide a sharper picture. This allows the 3800 to render 4K content clearly with remarkable detail, for a bright, crisp image. The projector also supports HDR10, the most common HDR format, as well as HLG, the likely HDR format for the next generation of over-the-air broadcast TV.
HDR-enhanced movies and shows produce more realistic contrast swings, and colors with extra pop, when displayed through the 3800. There's lots of 4K/HDR movies and shows available from streaming services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Since the 3800 has no built-in web apps, you'll need to connect a 4K media streamer to explore this great-looking content. Of course, for life-sized projector images, the ultimate high-resolution source is an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
Plenty of light for bright rooms, plus light control for dark rooms
If you don't have a fully light-controlled room for viewing, don't worry. The 3800 has plenty of light power to handle real-world family rooms, home theaters with really big screens, and situations where others in the room need to keep some lights on.
On the other hand, if you're able to make your room really dark, you'll want to use one of the projector's lower light settings, and turn on the "auto iris" feature, which boosts contrast and deepens blacks in dark scenes.
Flexible placement and hookup options
Whether you end up placing the 3800 on a table or shelf, or ceiling-mounting it, you'll find the projector's horizontal and vertical "lens shift" controls will allow you to position the projector off-center and still get a perfectly true image.
For the best picture quality from this 4K-compatible projector, we recommend using a 4K-rated projector screen.
What's in the box:
- Video projector (lens cap installed)
- 10' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Notice
- Warranty Information
- "Extra Care Home Service" brochure
- "Information Regarding Waste and Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)" note