To make a life-sized impression, a full-blown surround system needs a center channel just as formidable as the front-channel speakers. The New Debut C5.2 paints a majestic soundstage that makes movies and music come alive. New dual front ports allow placement in cabinets or against the wall without affecting bass frequencies.
- Enclosure Type : 2– Way Bass Reflex
- Frequency Response: 55Hz – 35000Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 87db @2.83v/1m
- Crossover Frequency: 2200Hz
- Max Power Input: 120 Watts
- Tweeter: 1″ Cloth Dome
- Woofer: 2 x 5–1/4″ Aramid Fiber
- Cabinet: CARB2 Rated MDF
- Cabinet Finish: Black Ash Vinyl
- Port: 2 x Dual Flared
- Binding Posts: 5 – Way Metal
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 21.25″ x 7.09″ x 8.62″
Two-Way Driver Design:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DC52 center-channel loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, two 5.25" woofers, and a 2,200Hz crossover. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter features a wide-roll surround that improves power handling and a waveguide that improves directivity control by eliminating cabinet diffraction inherent in traditional box enclosures. The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter candle handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz.
- Dual Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofers: The center-channel speaker features two 5.25" woven aramid-fiber cone woofers with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. The revised shape of the aramid cone offers even greater stiffness and damping; far superior to polypropylene or paper. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended low-frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,200Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DC52 center-channel loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with two front-firing flared ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Moving the bass ports to the front of the cabinet means placement against walls or in bookshelves won't compromise performance. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black ash wood-grain vinyl finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DC52 center-channel loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Placement & Mounting Options:
The center-channel speaker should be placed directly above or below the center of your TV screen. It can rest on a flat surface like a table top, shelf, or stand. Try to keep the center-channel as close to the same level as your front speakers for a more even soundstage. If this is not possible, you might try tilting the center speaker up (if too low) or down (if too high) to aim it wards the listening area. The speaker should be positioned approximately 1' to 2' away from boundaries, such as walls or corners.
Note: The center speaker does not include a bracket, key-hole slot, or threaded insert for wall-mounting. However, you can wall-mount the DC52 speaker using the PinPoint universal center-channel bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).