ELAC B6.2 Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
Elac Debut 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers - Pair
Improving on the b6-a speaker with accolades from the global press and awards from industry professionals-was not an easy task. But constant improvement is what ELAC does, and the Debut B6.2 raises the bar for bookshelf performance higher than ever before. Any competition it has starts at many times its price.
- Enclosure type: 2-way bass reflex
- Frequency response: 44Hz - 35000Hz
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87dB @ 2.83v/1m
- Crossover frequency: 2200Hz
- Maximum power input: 120W
- Tweeter: 1" cloth dome
- Woofer: 6 1/2" aramid fiber
- Cabinet: CARB2 rated MDF
- Port: Dual flared
- Binding posts: 5-way metal
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 7.69" x 14.76" x 10.55"
Two-Way Driver Design:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB62 bookshelf loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a 1" tweeter, one 6.5" woofer, and a 2,200Hz crossover. Both the tweeter and woofer have been custom designed by Andrew Jones to deliver an exceptional audio experience that can't be delivered with typical off-the-shelf parts
- Cloth Dome Tweeter w/ Wave Guide: The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter features a wide-roll surround that improves power handling and a waveguide that improves directivity control by eliminating cabinet diffraction inherent in traditional box enclosures. The 1" silk soft-dome tweeter candle handle high frequencies up to 35,000 Hz.
- Woven-Aramid Fiber Woofer: The bookshelf speaker features a single 6.5" woven aramid-fiber cone woofer with rubber surround, oversized magnet, and vented pole piece. The revised shape of the aramid cone offers even greater stiffness and damping; far superior to polypropylene or paper. The added strength allows more flexibility in design to achieve a smoother, extended low-frequency response.
- Custom Crossover: A custom seven-element crossover (2,200 Hz) with audio-grade components is implemented to ensure smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB62 bookshelf loudspeaker uses a bass reflex cabinet with a front-firing flared port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Moving the bass port to the front of the cabinet means placement against walls or in bookshelves won't compromise performance. The cabinet is made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to strengthen and stiffen the cabinet, helping minimize unwanted vibrations that can discolor music or movie content. The MDF outer walls of the cabinet are covered with a black ash wood-grain vinyl finish. A detachable cloth grille is included.
5-Way Binding Posts:
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB62 bookshelf loudspeaker is fitted with a set of 5-way binding-post terminals which will accept bare-wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB62 bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or used as your front speakers and/or rear surround speakers in a multichannel home theater application.
- 2Ch Stereo or Front Speaker Placement: For optimum stereo imaging, place the speakers so that an equilateral triangle is created between the speakers your main listening position. You can also angle ("toe in") the speakers towards the listening position to gain a more focused central image.
- Rear Surround Placement: In a 5.1channel surround setup, avoid placing the speakers forward of your listening position. The speakers should be spread apart wider than the front speakers. In addition, try to elevate the speakers to the same height or slightly higher as the front speakers for the most enveloping soundfield.
Note: In either application, the speakers should be placed 1' to 2' away from boundaries such as wall and corners. Close proximity to a side or rear wall will enhance bass performance, but being too close may result in bass that is unnatural.
The Elac Debut 2.0 series DB62 bookshelf loudspeaker can simply be placed on a flat surface; like a table-top, stand, or shelf. The bookshelf speaker does not include a bracket, key-hole slot, or threaded insert for wall-mounting. However, you can wall-mount the DB62 speaker using the PinPoint side-clamping bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).