Denon PMA-1600NE Stereo Integrated Amplifier | Up to 140W x 2 Channels
- $ 1,69900 $ 1,699.00
Stereo integrated amplifier with built-in DAC and phono preamplifier
Featuring advanced ultra high current single push pull circuit power with Schottky barrier diodes and Advanced AL32 Processing, the Denon PMA 1600NE integrated amplifier delivers music that’s faithful to the original recording. With two digital inputs, a rear USB B input, MM and MC Phono inputs and equalizer, enjoy impeccable sonic quality from your vinyl collection, and during playback of high resolution files up to 384kHz/32bit and DSD up to 11.2MHz from a computer. Quality construction and unique Denon technology provides unmatched performance for your cherished music collection from a brand with a more than 100 year legacy of audio innovation.
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.07% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Built-in DAC supports high-resolution audio files
- DAC master clock eliminates digital jitter
- Advanced AL32 Processing Plus enhances compressed digital files
- Built-in phono preamp compatible with moving coil and moving magnet cartridges
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- Analog Mode disables digital circuitry for warm all-analog sound
- Advanced Ultra High Current single push-pull circuit power amplifier
- Front-panel display shows source and sample rate
- Internal chassis with six independent blocks eliminates interference between circuits
- Front-panel tone controls (treble and bass)
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- Stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- Rear-panel Type-B USB supports high-resolution PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz or 11.2 MHz DSD
- Built-in headphone amplifier with full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- Binding posts and front-panel A/B switching for two pairs of speakers
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 108 dB (line in), 89 dB (moving magnet), 74 dB (moving coil)
- Remote control included
- Dimensions: 17-1/8"W x 5-5/16"H x 16-5/16"D
- Weight: 38.8 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMA1600NE
6-Block Chassis Configuration with Direct Mechanical Ground Construction: The PMA-1600NE's chassis is configured of six independent blocks that house the phono equalizer and input circuitry, volume control circuitry, USB-DAC circuitry, amplification circuitry, power section, and the control section. The chassis is constructed with 1.0mm thick steel plates to protect the signal circuits from external vibration and eliminates the adverse effects of mutual interference among the circuits. The power section has been positioned in the center of the PMA-1600NE. With heat sinks on both sides, this construction of well-balanced mass is in an ideal location to prevent unwanted vibration from affecting sound quality. In addition, the feet supporting the heavy weight of the power transformer, heat sinks, and chassis are made of ABS resin with rigid rib construction.
384kHz/32-Bit DAC: The D/A converter (PCM1795) used in the PMA-1600NE is the same 384kHz/32-bit and DSD capable top class DAC used in Denon's DCD-1600NE SACD player to deliver a clean, high-grade sound. See chart below for compatible digital audio formats.
Advanced AL32 Processing Plus: For the digital inputs, the PMA-1600NE employs Advanced AL32 Processing Plus, the latest version of Denon's analog waveform reproduction technology which utilizes unique data interpolation algorithms and also supports high-resolution 384kHz/32-bit PCM signal input. These algorithms interpolate points that should exist before and after the points in large quantities of data to achieve a smooth waveform that is close to that of the original signal. By carefully restoring data that was lost during digital recording, the resulting playback sound is highly detailed, free of interference, accurately localized, richly expressive in the lower range, and beautifully faithful to the original sound.
Digital Isolator: The PMA-1600NE is equipped with a high-speed digital isolator to eliminate adverse influences on sound quality caused by high-frequency noise from a USB-connected computer or from the PMA-1600NE's digital inputs. Since data is transferred magnetically via coils embedded in an IC chip, the input and output sides are electrically isolated. By isolating the signal line between digital audio circuitry and the D/A converter, adverse influences of high-frequency noise on analogue audio circuitry after the D/A converter are eliminated. The PMA-1600NE also adopted a dedicated secondary winding in power transformer for the digital circuitry to shut out noise from the power source.