Denon AVR-X8500H 13.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X™, and HEOS (Black)
Denon AVR-X8500H 13.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver
The Denon Flagship AVR-X8500H powers the next generation of home theater with the world’s first 13.2 channel receiver that supports the latest immersive audio formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. Built-in HEOS technology supports Amazon Alexa and takes music listening to the next level with wireless whole-home audio and voice control.
Surround yourself in cinema-grade sound from literally any direction.
SOUND IN THE RIGHT PLACE
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 7.1.6 or 9.1.4 surround sound speaker system with as many as 6 overhead speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
BE CLOSER TO ACTION
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included DTS Neural:X™ gives your movies, games and music a realism unmatched by traditional 5.1 surround sound.
FEEL THE POWER OF LIFE-LIKE SOUND
Auro-3D provides an immersive surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels, in addition to traditional channels supporting up to a 13.2 configuration. Formatting identifies sound objects individually and projects them to different spaces in your listening environment, creating an immersive, three-dimensional sound stage. Auro-3D will be enabled via a future firmware update at no additional charge.
GEARED UP FOR 4K ULTRA HD
Enjoy ultra-high-definition pictures, even from analog and digital SD sources.
LATEST HDMI SPECS WITH EARC
FUTUREPROOF IN ANY WAY
All eight HDMI inputs (including one on the front) and three HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. It is even ready for Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for 3D audio playback through TV apps. The feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
ADVANCED VIDEO SECTION
BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO LEGACY SOURCES
The AVR-X8500H boasts an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from any analog or digital source to true 4K. With three HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in the main room, while playing back different content on a second zone screen.
HDR / DOLBY VISION
NEXT GENERATION VIDEO FORMATS
The AVR-X8500H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content.
ADVANCED SOUND PROCESSING
Experience extraordinary sound quality from both music and movies.
POWERFUL DSP AUDIO PROCESSING
The AVR-X8500H owns a sophisticated DSP audio processing system that incorporates no less than four powerful high speed fourth generation SHARC DSP processors, which together have a combined continuous processing capability of 10 GFLOPS (10 billion floating point numerical computations per second).
HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO
ENJOY SUPERB AUDIO FIDELITY
Discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. Or, listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
UNIQUE DENON AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES
AL32 processing multi-channel provides ultra-high-resolution digital audio filtering and precision for all audio channels, delivering a natural soundstage with enhanced imaging. For content recorded in multi-channel, such as Blu-ray discs, the recorded low frequency effects (LFE) may be out of sync and delayed. Bass Sync technology corrects such a delay of low frequency effects for the perfect audio experience.
32-BIT D/A CONVERSION
BEST POSSIBLE SOUND STAGE
For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the Denon AVR-X8500H features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ D/A converters on all channels. Enjoy consistent high-fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
HEOS + ALEXA — SPEAK YOUR COMMANDS
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled device. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
EXTERNAL CONTROL AND IP CONTROL CAPABILITIES
The AVR-X8500H is part of Denon's range of IN·Command series of custom integration friendly AV components, equipped with feature-rich enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with third-party and custom integration solutions.
The AVR-X8500H features IP control capability for an integration with major third-party control devices and Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 home automation equipment. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, it's also equipped with an RS-232C serial port.
For simpler integrated control set-ups, the AVR-X8500H features an IR (infrared) remote control input on the rear panel, allowing remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system.
- 3-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound
- supports a range of Atmos configurations, including 9.2.4 and 7.2.6
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- Auro-3D® built-in for three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes (supports up to a 13.1-channel configuration; future firmware update required)
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- Audyssey Platinum speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 auto setup and room calibration delivers balanced, dynamic sound with enhanced surround performance for as many as eight seating positions
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC and free internet radio
- includes support for TuneIn
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- will support Apple® AirPlay® 2 for streaming from compatible iOS devices and multi-room music with compatible speakers and components
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output
- powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- amp assign feature lets you reassign extra surround channels to second and third zones
- line-level outputs for Zones 2 and 3 for use with additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers
- independent HDMI outputs for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd/3rd zone playback of digital sources
- composite video output can be assigned to Zone 2
- HDMI audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports Dolby Vision
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out (Zone 2)
- composite video switching: 4 in, 2 out (includes 1 front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 6 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 13.2-channel preamp outputs
- two discrete line-level subwoofer outputs for more precise multi-subwoofer setups
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- Denon Link HD creates a jitter-free connection to compatible Denon Blu-ray players; requires HDMI connection and proprietary Denon Link RCA-style cable
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 15 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, Height 3 L/R, Height 4 L/R)
- receiver can power a maximum of 13 channels at once
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out and 12-volt triggers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- 4 quick select function buttons for one-touch power-up, source selection and recall of volume and Audyssey configuration
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- support for third-party control systems by Control4 for home automation
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- bi-amp compatible front left and right speakers by reassigning Surround Back or Height channels
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 7-3/4"H x 18-3/4"D
- weight: 39.24 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh