Definitive Technology Mythos SSA-42 Speaker (Single, Black)
Mythos SSA-42: Your Single-Speaker Surround Solution If you want all the thrills of five channel surround sound without the need for separate rear speakers, Definitive Technology has the solution: the Solo Surround Array Series loudspeakers. The SSA models incorporate Spatial...
Mythos SSA-42: Your Single-Speaker Surround SolutionIf you want all the thrills of five channel surround sound without the need for separate rear speakers, Definitive Technology has the solution: the Solo Surround Array Series loudspeakers. The SSA models incorporate Spatial Array™, a unique patented technology that optimizes the spatial presentation of five channels to create the illusion that you are surrounded by five separate high performance speakers. Enjoying a superb sounding audiophile-grade surround experience has never been more convenient. Simply connect an SSA to any multi-channel receiver and powered subwoofer to enjoy enveloping surround sound without the bother of running long wires and finding places for rear speakers.
SSA Surround technology uses subtle but complex directional cues to completely free the sound from the box and convince your ear/brain listening mechanism that you are surrounded by great sounding Definitive loudspeakers. Since SSA Surround does not depend on bouncing sound off walls, it works in virtually any room and set-up configuration.
The SSA-42 uses SSA technology on the surround channel speakers and the front left and right speakers as well, so that you get big three-dimensional imaging from both multi-channel and stereo sources.
- Dimensions: (speaker only, not including bracket) 46-1/4" W x 4-1/4" D x 5-3/8" H
- Driver Complement:
- – Three 4-1/2" (11.4 cm) BDSS High-output drivers with coincident array 1" (25 mm) ferro-magnetic fluid damped pure aluminum dome tweeter.
- – Two 4-1/2" (11.4 cm) BDSS High-output full-range drivers.
- – Four 3-1/4" (8.3 cm) full-range high-output surround drivers with butyl rubber surrounds.
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 30 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Rec. Assoc. Amplification: 20 – 200 Watts/channel
- Sensitivity: 90 dB
- Weight: 31 lbs. (14.06 kG)
- Finish: gloss Black or brushed Aluminum