Definitive Technology BP9060 Tower Speaker with Integrated 10" Subwoofer - EACH
Definitive Technology BP9060 Tower Speaker with Integrated 10" Subwoofer
Definitive Technology's BP-9060 bipolar tower speaker surrounds you with rich, lifelike sound, thanks to a special driver configuration with both front- and rear-firing speaker arrays. Plus, it houses its own built-in powered subwoofer for intense, hard-hitting bass. Even in large rooms, every listener will experience a huge, three-dimensional soundstage with both music and movies. This speaker's sleek, modern look and cloth grille-wrapped enclosure will make it a welcome addition to just about any space.
- Forward Focused Bipolar Array™ technology for lifelike imaging and greater speaker placement flexibility
- built-in powered subwoofer with volume control
- Intelligent Bass Control provides precise bass level adjustments while maintaining accurate midrange tonal balance
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ ready with optional Definitive Technology A90 add-on speaker module (sold separately)
- built-in docking port with speaker connector plug for A90 module under removable aluminum top plate
- Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) driver technology places rubber surrounds on both the outer and inner edges of each speaker cone for improved control and clarity
- front speaker array: dual 4-1/2" BDSS midrange drivers and 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround for smooth, extended highs
- rear speaker array: one 4-1/2" BDSS midrange and 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround
- 10" subwoofer with built-in 300-watt Class D amplifier
- two 10" passive radiators for enhanced bass output
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) cabinet design
- frequency response: 18-40,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- cloth grille-wrapped enclosure with anodized aluminum top plate
- cast aluminum base plate with adjustable knurled carpet spikes and floor glides (for placement on hardwood and other hard-surface floors)
- two sets of 5-way binding posts (one set dedicated for optional A90 Dolby Atmos add-on module)
LFE line-level input (optional) for subwoofer
- speaker-level-only connections recommended for optimum performance
- led illuminated front "D" logo (with rear-panel defeat switch)
- 11"W x 44-1/2"H x 13"D (with included base)
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years electronics
What's in the Box:
- Tower loudspeaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Top-plate (installed)
- Stabilizer base
- 4 Floor guides
- 4 Carpet spikes
- 4 Screws
- 4 Nuts
- Owner's Manual
- "What Obsession Sounds Like" card
Tower Loudspeaker: The Definitive Technology BP9060 tower speaker is the answer for remarkable, immersive, room-filling sound so you can experience every detail of your home theater soundtrack. Its patented Forward Focused Bipolar Array (FFBP) will expand your room's entire soundstage for an enveloping sound. An aluminum dome tweeter, high-performance midrange/midbass drivers, and an integrated powered subwoofer with Intelligent Bass Control let you hear and feel every note as the artist intended.
Forward-Focused Bipolar Array (FFBP): The Definitive Technology BP9060 tower speaker utilizes powerful, Forward-Focused Bipolar (FFBP) speaker array for wide and immersive sound dispersion. Forward Focused Bipolar (FFBP) Array offers the ultimate balance between room-filling sound and a precise center image, while giving you total placement flexibility. The FFBP array consists of a 1" aluminum dome tweeter and two 4.5" midrange/midbass cone woofers on the front and a single 1" aluminum dome tweeter and one 4.5" midrange driver on the back. By radiating sound both forward and rearward, the speaker produces sound as it is in real life, with improved pinpoint localization of soloists, greater placement flexibility, and superior intelligibility.
Aluminum Dome Tweeters: The BP9060 tower loudspeaker features two 1" aluminum dome tweeters (one on front/one of back) for crystal clear highs that bring the most demanding audio soundtracks to life. The Definitive Technology tweeters are designed to play higher in frequency than what is heard by the human ear, creating an authentic reproduction of sound as the artist intends in the studio or concert hall.
BDSS (2nd Gen) Drivers: The Definitive Technology BP9060 employs three 4.5" midrange/midbass cone woofers (two on front/one on back) with patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology (2nd generation). BDSS technology improves driver excursion which results in the selected driver producing bass output usually associated with a larger driver, while retaining the improved dispersion and midrange definition of a smaller driver.
Integrated Powered Subwoofer: The BP9060 contains a integrated powered subwoofer that consists of a side-firing 10" woofer and 300 watt amplifier designed to extend the frequency response and dynamic range of the tower speaker. The best loudspeaker is one that reproduces balance between the highest highs down to deepest lows as accurately as possible. The integrated powered subwoofer offers deeper, more impactful bass from the tower speaker without the need to add a separate powered sub. The benefits of a built-in subwoofer include -
- Eliminates the need for a separate subwoofer that takes up additional floor space.
- More bass output from two subwoofers, compared to one.
- Two subwoofers reduce standing wave room resonances and dead zones.
- The subwoofers are perfectly integrated and blended with the mids and highs, eliminating the crossover and phase controls of a separate subwoofer.
Intelligent Bass Control: Intelligent Bass Control is Definitive Technology's latest advancement that offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall mid-range tonal balance. Intelligent Bass Control gives you the ability to modulate deep bass up or down in level while simultaneously maintaining optimal mid-range clarity regardless of where the bass control is set. Simply rotate the dial on the back of the loudspeaker to your preferred bass setting and the speaker will do the rest. Definitive Technology recommends starting at the mid-point and then adjust to your preference from there.
Dual Passive Radiators: Definitive Technology has paired its integrated powered subwoofer system with two opposite side-firing 10" passive radiators for even bigger, deeper, louder bass that you can hear and feel.
Acoustically Transparent, Resonance-Free Cabinet: The Definitive Technology BP9060 uses a resonance-free, one-piece cabinet for high performance, distortion-free sound. The speaker cabinet's maximum rigidity with strategically placed bracing improves imaging while reducing resonance, further reinforcing the speaker's clean and powerful sound. The BP9060 loudspeaker's cabinet is wrapped in an acoustically transparent cloth grille for unaltered sound. Thanks to the speaker's acoustically transparent grille, you'll enjoy the subtle elegance of the speaker design without having to remove a speaker grille to enjoy natural, uncolored sound. On the top of the cabinet is a brushed aluminum, acoustically-treated magnetic plate that finishes off the speaker cabinet nicely.
Speaker & Line Level Inputs: The Definitive Technology BP9060 tower loudspeaker is fitted with both speaker-level (binding post) and line-level (LFE/mono-RCA) inputs.
- Binding Post Terminals: The speaker terminals are 5-way binding posts that will accommodate spade connectors, single or dual banana plugs, pin-connectors, and bare wire up to 10 gauge. By connecting the tower speaker's binding post terminals to your AV receiver's front speaker terminal outputs, the BP9060's internal crossover network distributes all frequencies to their intended drivers, and the integrated subwoofer works harmoniously with the mid-range array. In your AV receiver's menu, set the Front speakers to "Large" and Subwoofer to "No".
- LFE/mono-RCA Input: For those you demand greater customization, the BP9060 also features an LFE/mono-RCA input. In this setup, your AV receiver's front speaker outputs still connect to the BP9060's binding post speaker terminals, but also requires that the AV receiver's LFE/mono-RCA output to be connected to the tower speaker's LFE/mono-RCA input. This type of setup gives you the ability to control the amount of low frequencies (those below the crossover point set in your receiver) sent to the integrated subwoofer. You will need to set front speakers to "Small", subwoofer to "Yes", and the crossover point in your AV receiver to 80Hz or below to avoid disturbing the delicate blending between the subwoofer and midrange. In addition, careful balance between the subwoofer output level of your receiver and the bass control on the back of your speaker should be considered (Definitive Technology recommends starting with the bass control at 12 o'clock).
Note: Definitive Technology recommends that you do not use your receiver's auto setup functions, as they can be ineffective in setting up and adjusting speakers with integrated powered subwoofers. Configure tower speaker into your home theater system using your AV receiver's manual setup menu.
Cast Aluminum Base w/ Interchangeable Feet: The BP9060 tower loudspeaker is supported by a sturdy, cast aluminum base. The cast aluminum base's wide footprint increases overall stability of the tower speaker, while the addition of spikes or floor glides help keep your speakers firmly in place whether on carpet or other solid floor surfaces like hardwood or tile. The floor glides add approximately 0.4375" to the overall height of the tower speaker, while the spike feet add approximately 1" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: The tower speaker must be used with the cast aluminum base for maximum stability.
Placement: The BP9060 tower speaker offers bipolar sound, meaning they will reflect sound off the back and side walls to create an incredibly broad and engaging soundstage no matter where you sit. The BP9060 tower loudspeaker is very flexible in terms of positioning and placement. To optimize performance, please follow these simple placement guidelines -
- Setup a pair of tower loudspeakers and the main listening position in an equilateral triangle for the best stereo imaging.
- Position each tower speaker at least 4" away from the back wall to maximize its bipolar sound.
- Toeing the tower speakers in slightly, if possible, toward your viewing area will also provide a stronger center image.
AC Power: Because the BP9060 features a built-in powered subwoofer, you will need to connect the tower speaker to an AC outlet. The tower speaker's built-in amplifier will automatically turn-on once it's receiving an active signal from your AV receiver, and will automatically turn off after 20 minutes of no active signal.
Front-Panel LED: There is a front-panel LED "D" logo which illuminates when the BP9060's built-in amplifier is on, and turns off when the built-in amp is in standby mode. The LED "D" logo can be deactivated entirely.
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh