Klipsch RSB-8 Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer (CERTIFIED REFURBISHED)
Front-row TV sound, and more
The Klipsch Reference RSB-8 sound bar delivers the same exciting, immediate soundstage as it's sibling, the RSB-6 — but this one has some extra tricks up its sleeve. I raved about how Klipsch's built-in drivers and wireless subwoofer "turned our sprawling, sound-swallowing vendor training room into a lively, intimate space." By adding a versatile wireless sound technology called DTS Play-Fi, this system is capable of delivering an even more riveting experience.
Full wireless surround sound
Using DTS Play-Fi (also called Klipsch Stream), you can turn this bar/sub combo into a full wireless 5.1 surround system. The bar acts as the front speakers. A pair of Play-Fi speakers can be placed behind you and used as wireless surround speakers.
I've watched a movie using Play-Fi's surround feature, and it sounded as smooth and reliable as a wired system. No hiccups or delays through the entire flick.
Control music in every room
Play-Fi also lets you play music wirelessly on this sound bar, and other Play-Fi speakers throughout your home. It all starts by downloading the Klipsch Stream mobile app — free for both Apple® and Android™ devices.
The app gives you access to your music downloads — including high-quality lossless files. You can also dial up songs from music services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM, plus over 37,000 internet radio stations. You can send the same song to other Play-Fi devices or play a different song in every room. You can even mix and match Play-Fi devices from different brands.
- two-channel sound bar with four built-in speakers
- - two 3/4" textile dome tweeters mated to Tractrix Horns for wide dispersion
- - two 2-1/2" fiber-composite midrange drivers
- - Klipsch Stream (DTS Play-Fi®) lets you wirelessly play music and create a multi-room music system
- - 4K-compatible HDMI connections
- - ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or resting on a TV stand
- - built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- - Dolby® Digital decoding
- - virtual surround sound mode for a more immersive listening experience
- - dialogue enhance mode for clear speech
- - 40"W x 3-3/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- - weight: 6.5 lbs.
Klipsch Stream (DTS Play-Fi Software):
- - built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- DTS Play-Fi allows speaker to communicate with other Klipsch Stream or Play-Fi components and speakers
- - Play-fi surround mode lets you use two optional Play-Fi speakers as wireless surrounds
- - free Klipsch Stream app for Apple and Android offers easy music selection and playback
- - plays music stored on device
- - supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, Rhapsody, Amazon Prime, TIDAL, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- - DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- - multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- - easy wireless setup using your smartphone, tablet, or PC
- - plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- - not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- - 6.5" fiber-composite cone woofer
- - ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- - syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- - 7-3/8"W x 10-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D
- - 9.6 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- HDMI switching: 1 in, 1 out
- - HDCP 2.2 technology for 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- - HDMI cable included
- - Toslink optical digital audio input
- - 1 minijack analog audio input
- - keyhole slots for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- - remote control