Klipsch RP-504C Reference Premiere Center Channel Speaker
When building a home theater system, you want to pack your best technology into the center-channel speaker. While all the other speakers pipe in the music and supply the effects, the center channel carries the story. And no t many cente speakers clarify the conversation better than those in Klipsch’s updated, high-value Reference Premiere line. The line-topping RP-504C leverages Klipsch’s 70-year experience with acoustic engineering and innovations such as the Tractrix 90-by-90 horn and four Cerametallic low-mid drivers, for a center channel that pairs absolute clarity with rock-solid imaging. You hear every whisper, every shout, every syllable.
- - 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- - 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- - New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- - Four 5.25-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- - Rear-firing Tractrix bass port for stronger lows
- - High efficiency (97 dB at 1 watt) and high power handling (600 watts peak) for wide dynamic range
- - Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade, scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish
- - Copper cones, laser-cut logo and satin baffle for stylish presentation with or without grille
- - Dimensions: 6.81” high by 31.13” wide by 14.46” deep
- - Weight: 34 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, then and now, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as acoustic amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-504C ultra efficient, but also steers the highs for precise localization of instruments and dialogue – especially important in the center channel. The Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places listeners in the middle of the action or at center stage.
A tweaked tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cones. The four 5.25-inch woofers in the RP-504C are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic material, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency. And the rear-firing Tractrix horn port strengthens the bass further still.
A truly dynamic range
Klipsch’s horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers with custom coils and magnets, allows speakers such as the RP-504C to reproduce the full dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and rock the house when called for. Efficiency, paired with power-handling capability, means Klipsch speakers match perfectly with the vast majority of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
Designed to be displayed
The cabinetry is made of solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances, with your choice of ebony or walnut scratch-resistant finish. Combined with the unique look of copper cones and trim rings, laser-etched logo and flared horn, the RP-504C looks right at home proudly displayed right under your flatscreen, with or without the attractive and flexible magnetic grille attached.
- - Frequency response: 58-25kHz +/-3dB
- - Sensitivity: 97dB @ 2.83V/1m
- - Power handling (cont/peak): 150W/600W
- - Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- - Crossover frequency: 500Hz/1500Hz
- - High-frequency driver: 1” Titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- - Low frequency driver: Quad 5.25” Cerametallic cone woofers
- - Enclosure material: MDF
- - Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- - Inputs: Single binding posts
- - Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.81" x 31.13" x 14.46"
- - Weight: 34 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.