Klipsch RP-500M Reference Premiere Bookshelf Speakers
How do you fit big sound into a bookshelf space? You turn to Klipsch, which has been coaxing big sound from reasonably sized, modestly priced speakers for nearly 70 years. The new RP-500M bookshelf speakers reflect Klipsch’s decades of experience and dedication to excellence. A 1-inch titanium linear-travel tweeter in a new-design vented enclosure fires out through Klipsch’s iconic 90-degree Tractrix horn for better dispersion and rock-solid localization. A 5.25-inch low/mid frequency driver is made of Klipsch’s trademarked copper Cerametallic material, and the rear-ported horn coaxes even stronger bass from the compact cabinet. That cabinet is crafted of furniture-grade materials in your choice of finish, with magnetic grille mounts for an attractive presentation in any home environment.
- 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- 5.25-inch spun copper Cerametallic woofer/midrange with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- Rear-firing Tractrix horn for stronger bass
- High efficiency (93dB at 1 watt) with high power-handling capacity (300 watts peak) for wide dynamic range and easy pairing with amps and receivers
- Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade ebony or walnut vinyl finish
- Copper cone, anodized trim ring and satin baffle for stylish presentation with or without grille
- Dimensions: 13.5” (H) x 6.81” (W) x 9.5” (D)
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, then and now, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as acoustic amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-500M quite efficient, but also directs high frequencies right into the sweet spot of the listening area for precise localization of instruments and effects. The Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places listeners in the middle of the action or smack-dab at center stage.
A tweaked tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes the piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected waves that can compromise performance.
That iconic copper cone
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cone. The 5.25-inch woofer in the RP-500M is formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic, adding stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency. And the rear-firing Tractrix horn bass port strengthens the low-frequency extension further still, reaching down to 48 Hz.
Ultra-light drivers = ultra-powerful sound
Klipsch’s efficient horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers, means that speakers such as the RP-500M can handle the dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and are rugged enough to rock out the house when called for. These small speakers match perfectly with the vast majority of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
The cabinetry is made of solid reinforced MDF material for minimal internal resonances, and finished in scratch-resistant ebony or walnut. Combined with the unique look of copper cones, satin painted baffle, anodized trim rings and flared horns, the RP-500M looks right at home displayed on any bookshelf, with or without the attractive and flexible grille attached.
- Frequency response: 48-25kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 93dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power handling (cont/peak): 75W/300W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover frequency: 1500Hz
- High-frequency driver: 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- Low frequency driver: 5.25” Cerametallic cone woofers
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- Inputs: Single binding posts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.5" x 6.81" x 9.5"
- Weight: 12 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.