Klipsch RP-5000F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Walnut)
Klipsch RP-5000F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker
The RP-5000F floorstanding speaker from Klipsch’s revamped Reference Premiere line embodies the best of what the legendary company has learned about acoustical engineering over the decades. A new-design 1-inch titanium linear-travel tweeter in a vented enclosure fires out through Klipsch’s iconic 90-degree Tractrix horn for better dispersion and rock-solid localization. Dual 5.25-inch low/midrange drivers are made of Klipsch’s trademarked copper Cerametallic material for bass extension with high efficiency and low distortion. The cabinet, available in your choice of finish, has furniture-grade materials with magnetic grille mounts for an attractive presentation in any home environment.
- - 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- - 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- - New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- - Dual 5.25-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils reach deep
- - Rear-firing Tractrix horn for stronger bass
- - High efficiency (96dB at 1 watt) with high power-handling capacity (500 watts peak) for wide dynamic range and easy pairing with amps and receivers
- - Dual binding posts for bi-amplification capability
- - Furniture-grade MDF cabinet in choice of ebony, walnut or high-gloss black finish
- - Cast aluminum feet for reduced room resonances
- - Copper cones, anodized trim rings and satin baffles for stylish presentation with or without grille
- - Dimensions: 36.12” high by 8.21” wide by 14.38” deep
- - Weight: 37 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years
The trademark Tractrix horn
A common element in Klipsch speakers, from the early days to today, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as natural amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-5000F quite efficient, but also directs the highs right into the sweet spot of the listening area for precise localization of instruments and effects. The 90-by-90 Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places you in the middle of a movie’s action or at center stage with your favorite music.
A tweaked tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for incredible lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes the piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power them up, you can always spot a Klipsch. Besides the horn, the emblematic copper-colored cones are your cue. The two 5.25-inch low/mid frequency drivers in the RP-5000F are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic compound, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction. And the rear Tractrix horn bass-reflex port strengthens the bass further still. That means more and lower frequencies (down to 35 Hz), with less distortion.
Ready for bi-amplification
If your surround-sound receiver or amp has a couple extra channels lying around, the RP-5000F can put them to good use. High-quality binding posts allow for the connection of separate amps to the low and high frequency drivers, for effortless reproduction and lower distortion.
What efficiency means
Klipsch’s horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers, means that speakers such as the RP-5000F reproduce the full dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and can rock the house loud and clear. Coupled with a rugged mechanical structure capable of handling up to 500 watts of peak power, the RP-5000s pair well with nearly every modern home-theater receiver and amps.
Built to blend in – or stand out
The cabinetry is made of heavy, solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances. The included aluminum feet help isolate room resonances. The ebony and walnut finishes are scratch resistant, and the optional piano-black premium cabinet is hand-sanded and polished to a mirrored gloss. Combined with the unique look of Tractrix-and-copper speakers, the RP-5000F makes a striking statement in any modern home, or fades into the furnishings when adorned with the attractive and flexible grille.
- - Frequency response: 35-25kHz +/-3dB
- - Sensitivity: 96dB @ 2.83V/1m
- - Power handling (cont/peak): 125W/500W
- - Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- - Crossover frequency: 1800Hz
- - High-frequency driver: 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- - Low frequency driver: Dual 5.25” Cerametallic cone woofers
- - Enclosure material: MDF
- - Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- - Inputs: Dual binding posts/bi-wire/bi-amp
- - Dimensions (H x W x D): 36.12" x 8.21" x 14.38"
- - Weight: 37 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh