IsoAcoustics Aperta Series Isolation Speaker Stands with Tilt Adjustment - Black Pair
IsoAcoustics Aperta Speaker Stands
Aluminum isolation stands for medium-sized monitors and bookshelf speakers (Black)
The IsoAcoustics Aperta (pronounced A-pair-tah) sculpted aluminum speaker stands are designed to raise your speakers or studio monitors off of the tabletop or floor and angle them toward your ears. "Aperta" is the Italian word for "open", and describes the look of the stands as well as the spatial openness of the sound that comes from your speakers. The stands have a unique floating design which isolates and decouples the speaker from the mounting surface to eliminate acoustic distortion. The Apertas have a unique integrated tilt adjustment that lets you tilt the speakers between 1° and 6°.
- Pair of adjustable stands support up to 35 lbs. each
- Recommended for speakers with a footprint measuring at least 6-1/8"W x 7-1/2"D
- Sturdy, sculpted aluminum construction
- Precision integrated tilt adjustment system for setting exact speaker angles
- Each stand measures 6-1/8"W x 7-1/2"D
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Aperta-Bk
PIF Principles: IsoAcoustics Aperta stands are designed to support the PIF Principles of acoustic design:
- Placement: The proximity to adjacent and nearby surfaces. The stands raise the speakers off the supporting surface and away from adjacent surfaces to reduce reflections.
- Isolation: The stands decouple the speakers from the supporting surface to reduce the energy from exciting other objects. The speaker is allowed for float independently.
- Focus: By raising and tilting the speakers, the stands create an ideal listening position. The speakers should be tilted to the listeners ear level, and positioned to form an equilateral triangle from the speakers to the listener.
Angle Adjustment: The Aperta speaker stands feature top and bottom aluminum isolation sections that are held together with tube inserts (0.639" diameter) on each corner. Two of the tube inserts feature threaded tilt adjustment screws that lengthen the insert from 2.4" to 3.1", enabling you to dial-in the optimum tilt angle. The screws have gradation marks in 1° increments for precision angle adjustments of 1° to 6°. To obtain a downward angle, the adjustable tube inserts should be placed in the rear. For an upward angle, the adjustable tubes should be placed in the front.
Isolators: On each corner of the stands are high-modulus co-polymer isolators. The combination of the isolators and aluminum tube inserts significantly absorbs and dissipates the energy coming from the speakers so that it does not travel to the mounting surface. This allows the speaker to "float" independently, eliminating acoustic distortion.