Reference Caliber Bass with Less Floorspace Required
With a footprint measuring just 16” in diameter, the iconic cylinder subwoofer design is only available from SVS and achieves unparalleled low frequency output and deep bass extension per inch of floor-space. Sophisticated DSP technology in the PC-4000 creates three port-tuning modes, each with individual response curves to achieve the most accurate in-room frequency response possible. The PC-4000 also comes standard with the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System for cleaner sounding bass with increased definition and more punch without room rattle and reduced bass bleed to the rest of the house.
High Current Output of Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier
Combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier design with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs, enabling immense low frequency output and precise driver control. Put simply, outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls, and more.
Maximizes the subwoofer’s ability to take control of a room and benefit from the acoustic potential of the space it occupies by tailoring the roll off slope. The effect is accurate frequency response with staggeringly deep in-room extension – often as low as 10Hz - without the “boominess” commonly associated with room gain.
Each response curve for the three port tuning modes; standard, extended and sealed, is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve perfectly balanced and accurate low frequency response with all tuning preferences.
Allows the amplifier to deliver all the way to the limits of its rated power and maximize on the driver’s potential with massive output and no distortion.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor, and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit, no matter how unstable the incoming current.
An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
Legendary SVS Output and Control
SVS 4000 Series drivers handle every watt of the Sledge STA-1200D amplifier’s power with precision and control to produce room energizing SPLs and effortless low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy at all drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 40lbs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing.
- Edge-wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminum flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control.
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fiber dustcap generate massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs.
Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control
Groundbreaking smartphone app works with Apple iOS and Android devices to unleash the full depth, force, and nuance of the 4000 Series subwoofers by controlling all DSP functions including: volume, parametric EQ, low pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, port-tuning, custom presets, and system settings.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Stores 3 custom presets for movies, music and other listening experiences such as sports or gaming.
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface.
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced
Inlaid front panel display, rounded edges, and a curved metal grille on the 4000 Series cabinet give it a refined yet commanding look that blends visually with home theaters and high-end audio systems.
- Double thick 2-inch MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment.
- Highly reinforced internal design and acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artifacts within a room.