Klipsch RP-6000F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker - Each Black
Klipsch RP-6000F Reference Premiere Floorstanding Speaker
- - 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- - 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- - New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- - Dual 6.5-inch spun copper Cerametallic cone woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils reach deep
- - Rear-firing Tractrix horn for augmented bass response
- - High efficiency (97dB at 1 watt) with high power-handling capacity (500 watts peak) for wide dynamic range and easy pairing with amps and receivers
- - Dual binding posts for bi-amplification capability
- - Furniture-grade MDF cabinet with ebony, walnut and high-gloss black finish
- - Cast aluminum feet for reduced room resonances
- - Copper cones, anodized trim rings and satin baffles for stylish presentation with or without grille
- - Dimensions: 39.62” high by 9.35” wide by 17.02” deep
- - Weight: 49 lbs.
- - Warranty: 5 years
The trademarked Tractrix horn
A common element in Klipsch speakers, from the early days to today, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees both vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn adds acoustic amplification to the high frequencies (a second Tractrix horn acts as a rear bass port). That not only makes speakers such as the RP-6000F highly efficient, but also directs the highs right into the sweet spot of the listening area. The 90-by-90 Tractrix, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places you right in the middle of a movie’s action, or at center stage with your favorite music.
A tweaked tweete
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for incredible lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes the piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected (or standing) waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cone
Even before you power them up, you can always spot a Klipsch: The emblematic copper-colored cones are your cue. The two 6.5-inch low frequency drivers in the RP-6000F are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic compound, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for top-notch transient reproduction. And the rear Tractrix horn bass-reflex port strengthens the bass further still. That means more and lower bass (reaching down to 34 Hz) with less distortion.
Ready for bi-amplification
If your surround-sound receiver or amp has a couple extra channels lying around, the RP-6000F can put them to good use. High-quality binding posts allow for separate amplifier hookups to the low- and high-frequency drivers, for effortless reproduction and lower distortion.
A truly dynamic range
Klipsch’s horn-loading design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers, means that speakers such as the RP-6000F reproduce the full dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and can rock out the house loud and clear. Coupled with a rugged mechanical structure capable of handling up to 500 watts peak power, the RP-6000s excel with the vast majority of today’s home theater receivers and amps.
Built to blend in – or stand out
The cabinetry is made of heavy, solid MDF material reinforced for minimal internal resonances. The included aluminum feet help reduce room resonance. The ebony and walnut finishes are scratch resistant, and the piano-black premium cabinet is hand-sanded and polished to a mirrored gloss. Combined with the unique Tractrix horn, copper speakers, anodized trim rings and satin-painted front panel, the RP-6000F can make a striking statement in any modern home, or fade into the furnishings when adorned with the attractive and flexible grille.
- - Frequency response: 34-25kHz +/-3dB
- - Sensitivity: 97dB @ 2.83V/1m
- - Power handling (cont/peak): 125W/500W
- - Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- - Crossover frequency: 1800Hz
- - High-frequency driver: 1” titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- - Low frequency driver: Dual 6.5” Cerametallic cone woofers
- - Enclosure material: MDF
- - Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- - Inputs: Dual binding posts/bi-wire/bi-amp
- - Dimensions (H x W x D): 39.62" x 9.35" x 17.02"
- - Weight: 49 lbs.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
People who bought this product, also bought
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh