Naim Mu-so 2nd Generation Powered wireless music system Bentley Special Edition Powered Wireless Music System
Naim Bentley Mu-so Special Edition
Powered wireless music system with Bluetooth®, Apple AirPlay® 2 and Google Chromecast
The Naim Mu-So 2 (Bentley Edition) features distinctive automobile manufacturer Bentley design cues. The copper accents woven in to the acoustically-transparent speaker grille and the striking heatsink directly reference styling aspects of Bentley's automobile design DNA and the lacquered Ayous wood adds a dramatic, dark finish unique to the system. A recurring lattice pattern surrounding the volume dial takes inspiration from the diamond shapes of Bentley vehicle's seat quilting and distinctive headlamps. The Naim for Bentley Mu-so features six custom-designed built-in speakers for full, detailed sound. It has two silk dome tweeters for clear highs, two dedicated drivers for articulate midrange, and two oval bass drivers in a ported enclosure for clean, robust lows. Each speaker is powered by its own 75-watt amplifier, for minimal cross-interference and better detail. And with 450 watts total system power, the sound can easily fill even large rooms without distortion.
- Special edition Naim for Bentley Mu-so
- Woven copper speaker grille accents
- Specially finished heat sink
- Lattice pattern volume dial frame
- Lacquered ayous wood surface panel
- Two 1" silk dome tweeters, two 2-1/2" custom midrange drivers, two 5-1/4" x 3" oval woofers
- Each driver has its own 75 watt Class D amplifier (450 watts total system power)
- Rigid, vibration-resistant bass-reflex cabinet
- Built-in Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Plays MP3, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, AIFF, OGG, WMA, and WAV audio files
- High-resolution playback up to 24-bit/384kHz resolution
- Supports DSD files at 2.8MHz (DSD64) or 5.6MHz (DSD128)
- Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless streaming with compatible devices
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer's iTunes®
- Google Chromecast built-in lets you stream content via the cloud with compatible apps
- Universal Plug 'n' Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming
- Top-mounted touch-sensitive control dial and buttons
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) input for connecting your TV
- Supports 2 channel PCM only; not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS
- USB Type-A port for playing music files from flash drives or USB hard drives
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for portable devices
- Aluminum casing with heat-sink fins
- Remote control
- Dimensions: 24-3/4"W x 4-13/16"H x 10-7/16"D
- Weight: 24.7 lbs.
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NAIMMU-SO-2ndBen
Optimized Speaker Drivers: The Mu-So 2 (Bentley Edition) features improved and highly optimized speaker drivers through a joint development project between Naim and Focal R&D departments. The Naim Mu-So 2 (Bentley Edition) houses two 1" soft dome tweeters, two 2.5" custom midrange drivers, and two 5.25" x 3.0" oval woofers for room-filling, full-range sound.
- Soft Dome Tweeters: Soft dome tweeters were chosen through listening tests to replace the traditional metal cones found in many wireless speakers for better smoother high frequencies and better overall sound quality.
- Custom Midrange Drivers: Custom midrange drivers provide crystal clear speech and powerful vocals. Positioning them at the outermost edge of the cabinet aided in even sound dispersion.
- Dual Woofers + Bass Port: Two large custom bass drivers are supported by a sophisticated porting system with an outlet at the end of the speaker cabinet. It was carefully designed to move large volumes of air with low turbulence for richly textured, low distortion bass.
DSP Controlled Amplification: Six 75 watt Class D amplifiers, one for each of the six custom-designed drivers, produces a total of 450 watts of power for dynamic sound. An all-new multicore Digital Signal Processor (DSP) delivers higher performance, providing 2000 MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second) compared to the original Mu-So's single-core, 150MIPS DSP. The result is superior music accuracy and incredible audio detail. In addition, a new limiter algorithm keeps each drivers' movement under control when at high volume levels (only active at extreme volume levels) which helps to retain your music's clarity and increases long term reliability.
- Room Compensation: Room Compensation enables adjustment of the Mu-So 2 (Bentley Edition)'s tonal balance to compensate for the proximity of walls and other large surfaces. If speaker system is placed on a shelf, for example, tonal adjustment can be useful in reducing the bass boost that naturally results from such a location.
- Loudness: Loudness applies a bass boost that decreases as volume is increased. By compensating for the ear's reduced bass sensitivity at low volume levels, loudness compensation can make low volume listening more satisfying
Multiroom Ready: The Mu-So 2 (Bentley Edition) works brilliantly on its own or as part of a multiroom music setup. There are three easy ways to create a multiroom audio system in your home.
- Naim App: Combine it with other networked Naim products (including 1st and 2nd Generation Mu-so and Mu-so Qb) via the Naim app. Up to five Naim products can be synced together.
- AirPlay 2: Pair it with other AirPlay 2-compatible wireless speakers via the Apple Home app on your Apple iOS device.
- Chromecast: Pair it with other Chromecast speakers and devices via groups controlled by the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device.