Denon AVR-S740H Home Theater Receiver
Power and truly immersive Home Theater experiences with the Denon AVR-S740H. The AVR-S740H represents the most affordable seven-channel 4k AV Receiver with renowned original Denon sound. Enter the action with Dolby Atmos, DTS: x and DTS virtual: x three-dimensional surround sound, while enjoying the best video experiences such as Dolby vison, HDR, hlg and 4K video upscaling. Play your MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files via the front-panel USB, or stream Spotify, Pandora, Tidal and more with built-in HEOS technology. Control the AVR with Amazon Alexa voice compatibility. With an award-winning setup assistant, the Denon AVR-S740H is just as easy to setup as it is to enjoy.
- - 7.2ch AV receiver with 165W maximum power output per channel
- - Works with Amazon Alexa
- - Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for 3D audio (up tp 5.1.2), DTS Virtual:X for height virtualization effects
- - 6 HDMI inputs (including 1 front panel HDMI input) and 1 output
- - 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020 and Dolby Vision compatibility
- - Full HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI inputs
- - ARC and HDMI-CEC support
- - Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth
- - Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology and Alexa voice control
- - DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support on both networking and 1 front USB input
- - AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer, and more
- - Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
- - Upgraded sound design with 32bit AKM DAC
- - Powered Zone 2 for a same or different source
- - Denon 2016 AVR Remote app available for Android, Kindle Fire, and iOS
- - Advanced on-screen GUI
- - Smart TV connectivity to control AVR with a TV remote
Powerful 7-Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
Featuring high-current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-S740H delivers high power and is rated at a maximum of 165 watts per channel. There's also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level as well as an on-screen Eco meter that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time. For compatibility with the widest range of loudspeakers, the AVR-S740H is equipped with low impedance drive capability that provides operational stability with 4-ohm speakers.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a life-like, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X, gives your movie, game, and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theater home.
You can enjoy an immersive sound experience today, only from 5.1 or 7.1, or even from 2.1 floor speakers connected to he AVR-S740H without height speakers. DTS Virtual:X creates virtual height effects.
Compatible with Alexa Voice
Amazon Alexa’s latest Smart Home Skill for Entertainment Devices enables voice commands to control a range of functions on Denon AVRs natively, including volume control, transport control, mute, next track, and external input switching.
HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming, Controlled by Free HEOS App
Denon's HEOS technology enables the AVR-S740H to become part of the HEOS wireless multi-room system, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere – and everywhere – around your home. Share music stored on your home network, Internet radio, or streaming services with HEOS wireless speakers, or even other HEOS-capable receivers, throughout the house. And it's all controlled by the free HEOS app, installed on as many smartphones and tablets as you like! The app gives you instant multi-room audio control, meaning you can command music in every room from any device: play different music from different sources in every room, group several rooms together and play the same song, perfectly synchronized, in party mode!
Select the Perfect HEOS for Your Setup
The AVR-S740H's built-in HEOS technology allows you to stream your favorite music wirelessly around your home to any other HEOS speaker.
Advanced HDMI Video Section
Featuring 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the AVR-S740H incorporates an advanced video section that features all you need for the ultimate home theater experience: Full 4K Ultra HD, HDCP 2.2, HDR (High Dymanic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut, and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. It is even ready for Dolby Vision compatibility and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color.
High Resolution Audio / Front USB Port
Enjoy superb audio fidelity with your favorite high resolution audio tracks. The AVR-S740H features high resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types including ALAC, FLAC, and WAV at up to 24-bit/196-kHz along with compatibility for 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD). Play them from memory devices via the front panel USB, or from network sources – the AVR-S740H will also play lossy file types such as MP3 and WMA.
The AVR-S740H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna system for robust and error-free streaming, featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as Apple's AirPlay compatibility. AirPlay enables multi music streaming over connected AVR and Apple's HomePod speakers.
Denon 2016 AVR Remote
With the free "Denon 2016 AVR Remote" for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire, available from the Apple app store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store, you can control the receiver's operation, as well as accessing its setup menu, from a smartphone or tablet. The app also gives you quick access to the receiver's status display, option menus, and an online owner's manual for your convenience. Inside the app, you can switch instantly to the HEOS App to access an incredible level of control over your music contents and streaming services.
Audyssey Room Correction
Every listening room has its own characteristics and acoustical problems. That's why Denon equipped the AVR-S740H with the advanced Audyssey MultEQ automatic room acoustic correction system. Via the supplied measuring microphone and mic stand, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialogue, music, and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level. 350
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The latest Denon audio video products use Audyssey MultEQ for simple, accurate setup and calibration of your system to the room in which it's used. But now you can go further with the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, going "under the hood" to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning – allowing you to customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences. With this comprehensive app, you can harness the power of Audyssey MultEQ to take total control of the way your home cinema sounds.
This app will allow you to:
- - View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation.
- - View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
- - Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes.
- - Adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair.
- - Switch between 2 high frequency rolloff target curves.
- - Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother.
- - Save and load calibration results.
Easy To Setup
For maximum ease of setup, the AVR features a horizontal row of color coded premium loudspeaker connectors, and it comes with a set of color-coded speaker cable labels that help ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time. With Denon's exclusive Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide you through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality.
Easy to Use
The AVR's front panel features 4 Quick Select function buttons so you can quickly choose from the most popular sources, and the system remembers your preferred audio settings for each one. The ergonomic remote control also features dedicated Quick Select buttons. And when you connect the AVR to your Smart TV you have the option of controlling the AVR via the TV's remote control which lets you select an input, adjust the volume, and choose the surround sound mode.
Smart TV Connectivity
When you connect the AVR-S740H to your Smart TV, you have the option of controlling the AVR-S740H via the HDTV's remote control, which lets you select an input, adjust the volume and choose the surround sound mode.
You can configure the AVR-S740H for a 7-channel home theater surround system or you can choose to have a 5-channel surround system in the main room with 2 of the amplifier channels dedicated to drive separate stereo speakers in another room. Enjoy a surround sound movie in the home theater room while others can enjoy stereo sound from a different source in a second room at the same time.
- - HDMI In: 6
- - HDMI Out: 1
- - Front USB input
- - Built-in Bluetooth
- - Compatible with HEOS
- - Channels: 7.2
- - Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.1" x 5.9" x 13.3
- - Weight: 19 lbs.
- Rated output
- - 75W + 75W (8Ω ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz with 0.08% THD)
- - 110W + 110W (6Ω ohms, 1kHz with 0.7% THD)
- - 75W (8Ω ohms, 20Hz - 20kHZ with 0.08% THD)
- - 110W (6Ω ohms, 1kHz with 0.7% THD)
- - 75W + 75W (8Ω ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz with 0.08% THD)
- - 110W + 110W (6Ω ohms, 1kHz with 0.7% THD)
- - Front
- - Output connectors: 4 - 16Ω/ohms
- - Input sensitivity/input impedance: 200mV/47kΩ/k-ohms
- - Frequency response: 10Hz - 100kHz - +1, -3dB (Direct mode)
- - S/N: 98dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct mode)
- - Reception frequency range: 87.5MHz - 107.9MHz
- - Effective sensitivity: 1.2μV (12.8dBf)
- - Power supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- - Power consumption: 400W