Definitive Technology BP-9080X Dolby Atmos® Enabled Bipolar Floor-Standing Speaker With Built-In Powered Subwoofer -(Each)
- $ 1,79900 $ 1,799.00
Definitive Technology BP-9080X Dolby Atmos® Enabled Bipolar Floor-Standing Speaker With Built-In Powered Subwoofer (Each).
Deep, heart-pounding bass. Immersive, atmospheric sound. Soaring overhead special effects. It's hard to imagine you could experience all that with just a single pair of speakers — unless, of course, it's a pair of Definitive Technology's BP-9080X towers. Definitive packs a lot into this sleek, modern-looking speaker. First, you get a built-in powered subwoofer for stunning low-end impact. Plus, bipolar front- and rear-firing speaker arrays deliver spacious, room-filling sound and precise imaging. Finally, an upward-firing driver array built into the top of the enclosure creates a thrilling "height" layer above your listening area when you feed it Dolby Atmos surround sound.
- Forward Focused Bipolar Array™ technology for lifelike imaging and greater speaker placement flexibility
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ enabled with built-in, vertical-firing drivers for precise overhead sound effects
- Built-in powered subwoofer with volume control
- Intelligent Bass Control provides precise bass level adjustments while maintaining accurate midrange tonal balance
- Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) driver technology places rubber surrounds on both the outer and inner edges of each speaker cone for improved control and clarity
- Front speaker array: dual 5-1/4" BDSS midrange drivers and 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround for smooth, extended highs
- Rear speaker array: one 5-1/4" BDSS midrange and 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround
- Vertical-firing speaker array: one 5-1/4" BDSS midrange and 1" annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround
- 12" subwoofer with built-in 455-watt Class D amplifier
- Two 12" passive radiators for enhanced bass output
- Bass reflex (passive radiator) cabinet design
- Frequency response: 16-40,000 Hz
- Recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- Sensitivity: 92 dB
- Impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- Cloth grille-wrapped enclosure
- Cast aluminum base plate with adjustable knurled carpet spikes and floor glides (for placement on hardwood and other hard-surface floors)
- Two sets of 5-way binding posts (one set dedicated for upward-firing Dolby Atmos speaker array)
- LFE line-level input (optional) for subwoofer
- Speaker-level-only connections recommended for optimum performance
- LED illuminated front "D" logo (with rear-panel defeat switch)
- 12"W x 51-1/2"H x 16"D (with included base)
- Warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years electronics
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # IEAA-A
Here's how Definitive's bipolar system works: direct sound from the front two midrange drivers and tweeter arrives at your ears first, to provide clear, focused imaging. That's followed by sound from the rear mid driver and tweeter to enhance spaciousness. The combination creates a lush, seamless soundstage that's more like the way we hear sounds in real life. And thanks to Definitive's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) drivers, your music and surround effects will sound clear and accurate, allowing you to pinpoint the soloist in a band or the direction of a jaguar's call in the jungle.
Powerful bass built right in
At the base of the speaker is a 12" side-firing subwoofer coupled to two 12" passive radiators. This trio creates the total radiating surface of a much larger woofer, but with better bass control, speed, and detail than a single huge driver. A built-in 455-watt amplifier powers the subwoofer, delivering deep bass that eliminates the need for an external sub. And because a subwoofer is built into the cabinet, bass output is already perfectly blended with the mids and the highs. All you have to do is set the bass volume to match your room and taste, then sit back and enjoy your music and movie soundtracks.