Kenwood DRV-A700WDP Compact HD dash cam with Wi-Fi and GPS — includes rear-view cam
Compact HD dash cam with Wi-Fi and GPS — includes rear-view cam
This system's second Quad HD camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or serve as a rear-view cam. Check out your dash cam and rear-view cam views on your smartphone, using Kenwood's Wireless App Link. Kenwood's built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood's Wireless App Link. This fully automated camera starts recording once the engine is turned on and stops when the engine is turned off. However, using Kenwood's optional hardwire solution (not included), this camera will wake up when your parked vehicle is disturbed (and its built-in motion sensor is triggered) to record what's in front of it — a great theft deterrent.
- General Features:
- Wide Quad HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder and Quad HD rear-view camera
- Includes 26-foot power and video for rear-view cam
- Also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood's Wireless App Link
- Dash cam records video files up to 2560 x 1440p
- Dual cam mode: 1920 x 1080 max resolution
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in G-sensor
- More Info:
- Parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
- Built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
- Accepts micro SD cards up to 256GB
- Recording resolution: Wide Quad HD (front camera); Full HD (rear-view); Wide Quad HD (both cameras active)
- Front cam: 3-9/16"W x 2-7/16"H x 1-9/16"D
- Rear cam: 2-1/2"W x 2-5/8"H x 1-7/16"D
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DRV-A700WDP
Front & Rear View Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP includes two interior cameras - one to record in front of your vehicle and one to record behind your vehicle, all at the same time. When in Dual Camera Recording Mode, both cameras maximum recording resolution is 2.0 Megapixel (Full HD). The rear camera must be turned off to enable 3.7 Megapixel recording from the front camera only.
- Dash Cam: The dash cam captures clear videos and photos while you drive and while you are stopped. It utilizes a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 3.7 million pixels for recording up to 2560 x 1440 Quad HD video and features a F1.6 lens with a 154-degree field of view (FOV). Its manual adjustable lens enables viewing position change by up to -90 to +40 degrees.
- Rear Cam: The rear camera provides a clear, wide-angle video image thanks to its 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor and F2.0 lens with a 161-degree field of view (FOV).
Note: The DRV-A700WDP does not offer a built-in monitor for live video playback of the dash camera or rear camera. Recorded video playback will be done through the Kenwood Dash Cam Manager App (for Apple iOS and Android OS) or the Kenwood Video Player Software (for Windows or Mac).
HDR & WDR Technology: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP utilizes HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology that easily records clear images in dark or well lit settings without underexposing or overexposing the image.
Polarized Filter: The dash camera's pre-installed polarized filter reduces windscreen glare and reflection. The filter has a rotating bezel, so that you can setup the reflection free lens exactly how you need to in your vehicle. The polarized filter can be removed.
Built-in GPS: Using its built-in GPS receiver, the DRV-A700WDP can also display and record the time and GPS position (longitude and latitude) directly onto the recorded video and still image files. You can also have the travel speed stamped on a video file.
3 Video Recording Modes: The DRV-A700WDP offers 3 types of video recording modes - Manual, G-Sensor, and Parked.
- Manual: Press the "Record" button and the unit will continuously record video in 1, 3, or 5 minute clips onto the inserted microSD card. The camera will automatically delete the oldest video files to make room for the most recent video clips (first recorded, first deleted), enabling the camera to continue recording even when the memory card is full.
- G-Sensor: If the built-in G-sensor of the DRV-A700WDP detects an impact incident (such as a collision while in motion or a bump while parked), that recorded video file is locked and stored in the "Protected" folder to prevent being overwritten and to provide later access to the video. The G-Sensors sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium, or High.
- Parked: When the vehicle is parked and turned off, parking mode becomes active once the unit does not detect any vibration for more than 5 minutes. If the vehicle is then subject to a collision or other physical impact, the camera powers on and automatically records 30 seconds of video.
Video/Photo/Audio Recording: The Kenwood DRV-A700WDP is able to record video and capture still images.
- Videos: The DRV-A700WDP records 2560 x 1440 Quad HD @ 30fps (Front Mode Only) or 1920 x 1080 Full HD @ 30fps (Front & Rear Dual Mode) in H.264/MOV. Recorded video clip length can be set to 1, 3, or 5 minutes.
- Photos: In addition to recording HD video, the dash cam has the capability to capture 2560 x 1440 JPEG still images so that in the event of an accident, you can take photographs from inside the vehicle.
microSD Card Slot: The dashboard camera is outfitted with a microSD card slot for the insertion of a microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (8GB-256GB; Class 10 or higher). Video, audio, and photos will be recorded onto your inserted microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card in exFAT/FAT32. The storage on the microSD memory card will be split into three areas according to the type of recording - Protected, Video, and Photo. A 16GB microSD memory card is included.