Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221DHP 2-ohm Ported Enclosure with Two 12" Subwoofers | Dual 12" Preloaded High Power Subwoofer Enclosure
Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221DHP
2-ohm ported enclosure with two 12" subwoofers
The rugged enclosure is built from 5/8" MDF with a 3/4" thick internal baffle to give the subs solid support. The box's slant-back design suppresses standing waves which can interfere with bass response, and allows it to fit neatly behind the rear seat of an SUV. Rounded port corners reduce port noise and airflow resistance. The P-XW1221DHP can be used in front-facing, rear-facing, or down-firing applications. Steel-mesh grilles protect the speakers from accidental damage. This box handles up to 1000 watts RMS.
- Ported enclosure with two 12" subwoofers
- Polypropylene cone with "dual area" cap
- Stress controlled spider
- 5/8" MDF construction with 3/4" MDF baffle
- Down-firing design for greater output and more installation flexibility
- Power handling: 1000 watts RMS (2000 watts peak)
- Frequency response: 29-300 Hz
- Total impedance: 2 ohms
- Spring-post terminals accommodate up to 8-gauge wire
- Steel-mesh grilles included
- Dimensions: 35-3/4"W x 15-13/16"H x 15-13/16"D1 x 12-9/16"D2
- What's in the box:
- Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221DHP owner's manual
- Ported enclosure loaded with two 12" Excelon subwoofers
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Eight 1" screws
- Warranty information
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P-XW1221DHP
Driver: The Kenwood Excelon P-XW1221DHP ported subwoofer enclosure features 2 heavy-duty 12" drivers, internally wired for a 2? output, that can handle 1000W RMS with peak power up to 2000W. The injection-molded Polypropylene cones feature a dual area cap that provides the rigidity needed for high-power handing while delivering accurate bass. Other driver improvements include a computer-optimized spider, for increased mechanical durability and stress control, along with a robust thermal management system. This includes a closed yoke design with an aluminum bobbin for advanced airflow control and heat dispersion around the voice coil and spider. The 12" subwoofer drivers are protected with steel mesh grilles.
Enclosure: The P-XW1221DHP is constructed of 5/8" thick MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) with a 3/4" thick baffle, providing outstanding strength and durability for maintaining tight accurate bass at high volumes.
- Slant Back Design: The enclosure's slant back design allows it to fit behind vehicle seats easier, and helps suppress standing waves from forming inside the enclosure.
- Multi-Position Mounting: The enclosure is designed so that it can be mounted in a forward, rearward, or down-firing orientation. Raised "legs" on the speaker side of the enclosure allow it to sit in a down-firing position. This ensures low frequency transmission without loss, while helping protect the two 12" drivers.
- Improved Port: The enclosure's port opening features rounded edges for reduced airflow resistance and less generated noise.
Connection: The P-XW1221DHP includes a single pair of nickel-plated spring-post connectors that can accept speaker wire up to 8AWG. The total output impedance at the connectors is 2?.
- Driver Size: 12" (x2)
- RMS Power: 1000W
- Peak Power: 2000W
- Impedance: 2?
- Frequency Response: 29-300Hz
Closed Yoke with Advanced Airflow Control
Subwoofers have a robust thermal management system, implemented with an Aluminum Bobbin, Closed Yoke Design, and Advanced Airflow Control.
Multiple Position Options
Forward, Rear, or Down-Firing installation available.
Enhanced Down-Firing Structural Support
Extra thick legs support the weight of the system when installed in a down-firing application. This ensures the low frequency energy is transmitted without loss, resulting in powerful, impactful bass.