JBL Stadium 1224 12" Component JBL Club 1224 Club Series 12"
JBL Club 1224 Club Series 12" Component Subwoofer with Switchable 2- or 4-ohm Impedance
JBL first began manufacturing audio equipment in 1946, and they've been responsible for some of the major advancements in sound reproduction and reinforcement since then. Their latest Club Series car subwoofers also put the spotlight on versatility, giving you the ability to vary the sub's impedance with the flip of a switch.
- - 12" component subwoofer
- - switchable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- - polypropylene cone
- - nitrile rubber surround
- - power handling: 275 watts RMS (1100 watts peak)
- - frequency response: 25-175 Hz
- - sensitivity (2.83V at 1 meter): 93 dB
- - mounting depth: 6-9/16"
- - mounting height: 11/16"
- - sealed box volume: 0.75 cubic feet
- - ported box volume: 2.5 cubic feet
- - grille not included
- - warranty: 1 year
JBL's Club Series 1224 sports a 2” diameter voice coil for exceptional power handling, while airflow from the cone's movement cools the voice coil for increased reliability. The sub's Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) switch allows you to change impedance from 2 ohms to 4 ohms, so you can optimize the sub for your amplifier. This feature makes it easy to reconfigure your system when you add another Club Series subwoofer or upgrade your amplifier.
Ready to rock
This sub features a polypropylene cone for enhanced stiffness and a nitrile rubber surround for additional smoothness and responsiveness, while the stamped steel basket adds rigidity and its vented construction helps keep things cool. The Club 1224 handles up to 275 watts RMS, and works equally well in sealed or ported enclosures, another example of its versatility.
What's In The Box:
- - One 12" Subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- - Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ German/ Italian/ Dutch/ Finnish/ Russian/ Swedish/ Danish/ Japanese/ Polish/ Turkish/ Chinese/ Korean/ Indonesian)
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI): A switch on the input terminal allows you to easily change the woofer's impedance between 2Ω and 4Ω settings. (The connected amplifier should be off when changing the impedance.) The power handling is the same for either setting; 275 watts RMS/1100 watts peak.
- Sealed Box Volume: 0.75 ft³
- Ported Box Volume: 2.5 ft³ with one 4" diameter x 11.7" long port (tuned to 30 Hz)
- Free-Air: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (infinite baffle, no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is reduced by half (to 137.5 watts RMS).
- Band-Pass: JBL also recommends a prefabricated band-pass enclosure, but no volume specifications are listed in the manual. Band-pass enclosures often provide the most output available from any amplifier and subwoofer combination, but at the expense of sonic accuracy.