Kenwood DNR-476R 6.8" Navigation Receiver w/Carplay & Android Auto (does not play discs)
Kenwood DNR-476R 6.8" Navigation Receiver
The DNR476S navigation receiver from Kenwood has a lot of what you want — Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability, Bluetooth® for streaming and hands-free calling, Garmin GPS guidance, plenty of sonic goodness — and leaves out the one thing you no longer need: a disc player. If you're done with shiny platters cluttering up your car but still want the benefits a new 6.75" touchscreen stereo can bring, Kenwood's ready to fill your dash with a road-ready vanguard that sounds as good as it looks.
- - digital multimedia player with 6.75" resistive touchscreen (does not play discs)
- - built-in Garmin navigation system
- - plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC music files, plus high-res WAV and FLAC files
- - fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- - built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- - AM/FM tuner
- - wired Apple CarPlay compatible
- - wired Android Auto compatible
- - music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connections
- - Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- - compatible with Kenwood Remote S smartphone app for wireless source selection through your phone
- - Garmin maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- - optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app — 2-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- - text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- - lane assistance
- - plays USB memory devices and microSD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- - Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to overcome road noise
- - 13-band EQ
- - high- and low-pass filters
- - digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- - dual-zone A/V output
- - supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- - compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- - inputs: rear USB input; SD card slot; rear A/V input (mini); two camera inputs; input for Kenwood DRV-N520 Drive Recorder
- - outputs: rear A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- - built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- - compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- - retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- - displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- - warranty: 1 year
Clear Resistive Touch Panel
A clear screen designed to reduce glare that includes a resistive touch sensor for accurate control during operation
Lane Assist guides you to the correct lane for an approaching turn or exit, making unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate.
Customizable Multi Widget
Customize your Home Screen by selecting four shortcut/ information widgets. Widget options can include album art, clock, compass, photo frame, visualizer, weather, turn-by-turn, Garmin navigation, and more.
Up to 5 Bluetooth® devices can be paired to the receiver at the same time. You can enjoy audio streaming just by switching the devices with your friends or family.
Dual Phone Connection
While you are connected through Bluetooth, with a touch of a button you can switch between two phones.
A smartphone application can control most basic functions of the receiver over the Bluetooth connection of the paired phone (iPhone or Android).
Wireless Music Browsing (AVRCP 1.5 / 1.6)
Search and select songs from your music collection through a Bluetooth connection.
Graphic EQ / Digital Time Alignment
13-Band equalizer and DTA gives optimal tuning enhancements for listeners.
Boosts specific frequencies in the audio signal to overcome the negative impact of road noise.
Compatible with various audio file formats from high-res FLAC and WAV, to MP3, WMA and AAC.
Dash Cam Ready
Dash Camera (DRV-N520) can be controlled and viewed from the touchscreen.
3 Camera Inputs
Optional camera connection method for up to 3 cameras in various configurations.
Parking Guide Lines
Parking guide lines (requires installation of compatible backup camera) that enhance the effectiveness of a backup camera.
Supreme smartphone integration
Kenwood designed the DNR476S to work seamlessly with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. No matter what phone you (or your passengers) prefer, you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your vehicle. The DNR476S gives you fingertip or voice control of your apps, and its beautiful 6.75" resistive touchscreen display offers plenty of real estate to check out your sources and other important info — you can even customize the source button locations for easier access. And even if you're not into using Android Auto to access streaming services, you can still get control of select music apps (like Pandora and Spotify) through the receiver via a wireless Bluetooth connection for most Android devices.
Get two phones in on the action
If you're driving with a passenger, the DNR476S can pair with up to two phones at once. You'll be able to designate one phone as the priority but be able to switch between the two with ease, as well as have access to both phonebooks.
Garmin directions get you there on time
Leave worries about getting lost behind, as the DNR476S supplies Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You'll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns and lane assistance. Kenwood's interface also provides more opportunities for split-screen control, so you can still follow the maps as the stereo shows you what's playing or who's calling.
2 years of free INRIX traffic reports
You'll get a free 2-year subscription to INRIX traffic service, which provides quick updates on congestion along your route. You'll need to have your smartphone with the app on it connected to the receiver to take advantage of these traffic updates. INRIX updates require an in-app purchase after the 2-year subscription ends.
Upgraded interface and Photo Frame Widget
Kenwood refreshed their user interface for 2019, so it's easier than ever to find and switch between your favorite sources and check out album artwork and map details. The new Photo Frame Widget feature lets you create a slideshow of up to 500 images from a thumb drive on the receiver's home screen.
Play your files and external sources
Even without a disc player, you can still enjoy connection for more audio/video sources with an A/V input. A rear USB port lets you add audio from an iPod or flash drive, including high-resolution lossless FLAC and WAV files. You also get a microSD card slot for playing digital music files and map updates.
Catch the satellite radio wave
Why struggle with stations fading away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there.
See all kinds of obstacles with a camera or two or three
The DNR476S is capable of connecting two different cameras, so you can see more when you're getting in and out of tight spots. If you've got a pair of rear-view cameras, you can reverse the image of the one up front to get a more precise picture. With select Kenwood cameras, you can have the display automatically switch to a momentary view from the front camera when you shift out of reverse. The receiver also features a dedicated input for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam so you can capture your travels in high definition.