Kenwood DDX5707S 6.8" Digital Media Receiver with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Kenwood DDX5707S 6.8" Digital Media Receiver with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver's USB port via the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You'll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit's touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You'll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver's touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you'd like to listen to. The head unit's touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you've downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit's touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, & more.
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM RDS tuner
- 6.8" capacitive touchscreen display
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/96 kHz) files on USB drives
- Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Plays full HD video files in select formats (see Details for more information)
- Smartphone Features:
- Compatible with wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Wired mirroring for Android
- Audio/Video Features:
- Plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- Inputs: rear USB input, rear camera input, rear A/V input (mini)
- Outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer), video output (RCA)
- Other Info:
- White key illumination
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in internal amp (21 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Optional wireless remote
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DDX5707S
- UPC 085783494925
Android Auto: The Kenwood DVD receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver's rear-panel USB port and the USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that's purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include -
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit's external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the "mic" button or say "OK Google" to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit's touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone's music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit's external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6' long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied.If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood's CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Android Smartphone Mirroring: Using the Mirroring OA for Kenwood app, you can mirror the content from your Android (OS 7.0+) smartphone onto the touchscreen monitor of the Kenwood DDX5707S; you'll be able to enjoy video and audio playback. Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the DDX5707S via USB and Bluetooth. The Kenwood receiver's light green wire (attached to rear chassis) must also be attached to your vehicle parking brake circuit and your vehicle's parking brake must be engaged in order to mirror content from your Android smartphone to the DDX5707S. In addition to mirroring content from your Android smartphone, you'll also be able to control your Android device from the in-dash receiver's touchscreen (some content may not support touchscreen control from the receiver). Mirrored content may or may not display in a portrait or landscape orientation.
- You must indicate that you will be using your connected Android smartphone for USB Mirroring and not Android Auto within the Kenwood receiver's on-screen menu.
- The unit does not support audio playback from Android devices using MTP (Media Transport Protocol) or AOA (Android Open Accessory).
- The Kenwood DDX5707S does not support Apple iOS device mirroring.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Android Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Smartphone Charging: The Kenwood DDX5707S will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Bluetooth 4.1: The Kenwood DDX5707S is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.1 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DDX5707S. Check here for the latest Bluetooth compatibility information.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh