Kenwood DDX9705 Double DIN DVD Receiver with Bluetooth
Kenwood's DDX9705S DVD receiver really shines is in its ability to integrate with smartphones to access navigation, contacts, and Internet radio services. You can plug in your iPhone® or Android™ to use Apple CarPlay® or WebLink™, or don't bother to wire in your Android by using this receiver's wireless Android Auto™. Add in the connectivity for cameras and additional video for your posse, as well as deep sound-shaping capabilities, and you've got an awesome centerpiece for your dash.
- - DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- - 6.95" high-contrast capacitive touchscreen display
- - Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- - customizable display background and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- - plays high-res FLAC (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) and DSD (up to 11.2 MHz) files on USB drives
- - built-in HD Radio tuner
- - fits double-DIN dash openings
- - hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- - automatic iPhone and Android pairing using the USB connection
- - Kenwood Music Mix feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- - works with Apple CarPlay and WebLink
- - compatible with wireless Android Auto using Wi-Fi between an Android phone and the receiver
- - music control and charging of Apple and select Android devices using the USB connections
- - Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- - plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- - 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- - Supreme setting improves the digital sound for all music sources
- - Stage EQ compensates for low speaker positions
- - DriveEQ boosts specific frequencies to compensate for road noise
- - subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- - compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- - direct connection and control with Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam
- - inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (mini), front- and rear-view camera inputs
- - outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- - built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- - compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- - retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- - displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- - warranty: 1 year
Big time media
Sure, it's got a beautiful 6.95" touchscreen display, Bluetooth® for wireless convenience, and several ways to play all your music, including high-res selections. But where Kenwood's DDX9705S DVD receiver really shines is in its ability to integrate with smartphones to access navigation, contacts, and Internet radio services. You can plug in your iPhone® or Android™ to use Apple CarPlay® or WebLink™, or don't bother to wire in your Android by using this receiver's wireless Android Auto™. Add in the connectivity for cameras and additional video for your posse, as well as deep sound-shaping capabilities, and you've got an awesome centerpiece for your dash.
Wireless Android Auto
Get the awesome convenience of Android Auto without having to plug in. This Kenwood multimedia receiver features a built-in Wi-Fi connection, so all you have to do is get in and go. The receiver and your Android™ link right up and you're ready to roll with all the hands-free wonderfulness that Android Auto brings to driving. Find out more at www.android.com/auto.
(Please check the Details tab to ensure your Android device works with wireless Android Auto.)
Apple CarPlay integrates your iPhone to the Kenwood's touchscreen display.
More phone fun with Apple CarPlay® and WebLink™
Apple CarPlay puts your iPhone's content at your fingertips. Plug in your iPhone®, and this stereo's controls behave like your iPhone's interface to give you total access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
This Kenwood includes WebLink, which provides you simple in-dash control over select apps like YouTube® and Yelp®. What's especially nice is that WebLink works with both Android and iPhone. So load up the free WebLink for Kenwood app, plug in your phone, and you'll have quick access to some handy infotainment for your journey.
Since yours is probably not the only phone used in your vehicle, the DDX9705S enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, Kenwood's Music Mix feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist.
Sweet display features
You can make the touchscreen display fit your needs by choosing from a wealth of colors and backgrounds, letting you tailor the look to match your vehicle. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen. You can also plug in front- and rear-view cameras to play it safe in crowded parking lots. The DDX9705S also includes a direct connection for Kenwood's DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash cam, which means you get camera control and alerts directly on the receiver's display.
Lots of radio
If you dig Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll really dig playing music from Pandora and Spotify on this receiver. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast. The DDX9705S also includes a sensitive AM/FM tuner to catch all your local stations too.
Get the most out of your audio
Got a high-res music library? You'll be stoked that the DDX9705S supports high-res file playback including FLAC and DSD files on a USB drive. When you're listening to music that's been compressed, Kenwood's Supreme setting helps bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver also offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music's frequencies to virtually "raise" your speakers for better, more natural imaging. The DDX9705S also includes three pairs of 4-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DDX9705S offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
What's in the box
- - DVD receiver w/ motorized 6.95" touchscreen monitor (15A fuse)
- - Sleeve (attached)
- - Trim ring
- - Wiring harness
- - Two 39" USB extension cables
- - GPS antenna (attached 11.5' cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- - Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10' cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- - Self-adhesive pad
- - 2 Radio removal tools
- - 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- - 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- - Instruction Manual
- - Warranty card