Audio Control LCQ1 Black Color 6-Channel Car Audio Line Output Converter with Equalizer
class="prod-title">Audio Control LCQ-1 6-channel line output converter with equalizer
AudioControl's LCQ1 6-channel line output converter (LOC) with 11-band equalization and bass restoration allows you to add aftermarket amps, speakers, and subs to your car's factory radio, so you can enjoy better and more powerful sound without losing climate controls, voice-activated functions, or other built-in factory features. The LCQ1 accepts speaker-level signals, so you can use it with just about any setup, even high-powered amplified systems.
- - 6-channel line output converter plus 11-band equalization and bass restoration
- - 6 speaker-level inputs (each can handle up to 400 watts RMS)
- - Internal channel summing
-11-band graphic equalizer
- - Subwoofer channels: 5 bands (center frequencies: 31.5, 50, 63, 80, 100 Hz)
- - Front and rear channels: 6 bands (center frequencies: 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 8000 Hz)
- - AccuBASS™ bass restoration circuitry
- - 6 preamp outputs (up to 8.5 volts RMS)
- - Level matching controls with Maximized Indicator LED
- - Optional wired remote subwoofer level controller available (item 161ACR2)
- - AutoMode™ turns 4-channel input to 6-channel output
- - GTO™ signal-sensing turn on
- - 12-volt turn-on lead output
- - Recommended fuse rating: 2 amps
- - 7-15/16"W x 1-5/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- - Warranty: 5 years
The LCQ1 sums its input signals together, even if they've been crossed over for tweeters, mids, and subs by the factory system. That way, you can count on a strong, smooth, full-range signal for your processors and amps. The LCQ1 features six RCA preamp outputs that'll handle a traditional front/rear/sub setup.
The LCQ1's graphic equalizer will help make your music sound fantastic in your car, utilizing 11 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning. Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so this processor's subwoofer channel gives you five bands of equalization between 31.5 and 100 Hz. The front and rear channels each feature six bands of equalization at varying intervals from 125 Hz up to 8,000 Hz.
Why you have to restore the bass
Many factory radios actually turn the bass down as you increase the volume to protect the cheap factory speakers, subsequently removing much of your music's power and punch. AudioControl developed a patent pending AccuBASS™ circuit that restores the bass the factory radio erased, giving you much fuller and more enjoyable sound. The AccuBASS is applied to the subwoofer output channel, so your sub amp can have the entire, restored signal to work with.
Level-matching with an LED indicator
AudioControl makes it easy: set your factory stereo to about 3/4 maximum volume, turn the output level control of the LCQ1 until the "Maximized" light begins to flicker, then adjust the gain controls on your amps and you're done. You've level-matched the output of your receiver to the amplifier's input, so you can count on getting maximum performance and minimum noise from your system.
What's in the box:
- - 6-Channel signal processor (black)
- - 4 Connector blocks (installed)
- - Owner's Manual
- - Quality Control note