Kicker KEY180.4 Compact 4-Channel Car Amplifier With Automatic Tuning DSP — 45 watts RMS x 4
Now you can get fantastic, high-quality sound without breaking the bank. Kicker's KEY180.4 compact car amplifier features automatic signal processing that tailors the audio for your specific vehicle. This 4-channel little power pack will send 45 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers — more than twice the power of a typical aftermarket receiver, three or four times the power of a factory radio.
- - 4-channel car amplifier/sound processor
- - 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- - CTA-2006 compliant
- - non-bridgeable — minimum impedance of 4 ohms per channel
- - Class D amp technology
- KEY Auto Setup customizes the signal for your vehicle
- - calibration mic and activation button included
- - automatic adjustments include 40-band EQ, 24 dB/octave crossover filters, time alignment
- - Bi-Amp mode applies tweeter/woofer crossover settings during KEY Auto Setup
- - switchable auto compression
- - selectable high-pass filters (off, 60, 80, 120 Hz; 24 dB/octave)
- - automatic limiter with clip lights
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- - DC offset sensing turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- - Radio-Detect circuit supplies speaker load for receiver to sense
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- - 14- or 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- - fuse rating: 20A x 1
- - dimensions: 7-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 2-13/16"D
- - warranty: 1 year
KEY Auto Setup tunes In Minutes, Not Hours
After installation, you set up the included calibration mic, start the test noise , hit the activation button, and the KEY Auto Setup software automatically sets the crossovers, 40-band EQ, and time-aligns the sound for the front seat driver. Then later, with the button, you can A/B the before- and after-processing sound, to amaze your friends and family.
You can manually enable Auto Compression, for a more consistent and safer power output. A limiter kicks in and lights up when it detects clipping, letting you know that something's too loud. A Bi-Amp mode lets you actively run tweeters and woofers without a passive crossover, by applying customized active crossover settings during the KEY Auto Setup process.
Start-Stop Problem Solved
Some eco-friendly cars actually turn off their engines when stopped, and then start up again when the brakes are released. The voltage dip during starting could shut down an amplifier or allow it to pass a dangerous clipped signal to the speakers. The KEY180.4 prevents these issues by automatically engaging its limiter in these circumstances.
This amp's so tiny, it'll fit almost anywhere in almost any vehicle. Kicker's FIT2™ technology, using speaker-level inputs with DC offset sensing turn-on, ensures this amp will work in almost any system, even one with a factory radio. The Radio-Detect switch makes sure you never get a "No Speakers Detected" message on your receiver's display when you install this amp.