Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 Reference Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier — 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms
Kenwood Excelon XR601-1
Reference Series Mono Subwoofer Amplifier — 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms
Kenwood's Excelon Reference Series XR601-1 mono amplifier can power your subwoofer with up to 600 watts RMS. (That's a real world rating, not that inflated number you find printed on some amps.) An advanced circuit design and upgraded components virtually eliminate noise and maximize sound quality. Even better, the XR601-1 can fit into many different places in your car because of its incredibly low profile — it's less than 2" tall.
- Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amp design — frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- Variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- Adjustable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- Wired remote volume control included
- Preamp inputs only
- Fuse rating: 30A x 3
- Wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
What's in the box:
- Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 owner's manual
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Three 30A ATM mini-blade fuses (installed)
- Remote Commander
- Flat washerHex nut
- 20' Remote cable (RJ-14 modular plugs on each end)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Instruction Manual (Eng / Fren / Span)
- Warranty card
- 8-11/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 7"D
- Warranty: 2 years
- Our 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- MFR # XR601-1
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Kenwood Excelon XR601-1 is designed with specific features to power your subwoofers with a frequency range between 20 and 200 Hz. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Wired Remote Control: The XR601-1 includes a wired remote control with a 20-foot cable that allows you to adjust the volume of the subwoofer from the cabin of the vehicle.
Class D Amplifier Design: The amplifier design is Class D, which uses digital switching power supplies. The result is much higher efficiency (less heat generated) than Class AB.
Low-Pass Filter: The Excelon XR601-1 has a low-pass filter, continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The slope is -24dB/octave. The crossover is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit is centered at 40 Hz; boost is variable from 0 to +18 dB.
Aluminum Heat Sink: The aluminum heat sink increases the amplifier's heat dissipation efficiency, increasing the life of the amplifier.